While telecommuting is quickly becoming the preferred way of working for many professionals, there are certain challenges to it. The foremost is probably the hassle of carrying work laptop or device while traveling. Flash drives and cloud storage services make a more feasible alternative but their reliability is constrained due to file sync and security limitations, respectively. Fret not as there's a simpler alternative to access and work on sensitive files without having to actually carry your device: IDrive's 'Online File Sync' feature.
The Online File Sync feature lets you access a locally stored folder anytime from any of your sync-enabled devices via cloud. Once the feature is enabled on your computers, IDrive cloud backup automatically creates a unique 'Sync Folder' in your online backup account and on each of your computers. Any modification made to the folder is synced in real-time across your IDrive online backup and all linked devices. The sync storage is a bonus storage space with the same limit as your cloud backup storage space.
You can also share and collaborate on the sync files with anyone via email. As the owner of the files, you can edit the access right at any point in time or discontinue sharing them.
Robust online backup features by IDrive
- Multiple Device Backup - Backup and secure unlimited devices – Macs, PCs, iPhones, iPads and Android devices – to a single IDrive online backup account without any additional nominal charges.
- IDrive® Snapshots - Get a historical view of your backups with recovery points to recover up to 30 latest versions in the event of data corruption or malware attack.
- IDrive Express™ - Perform backups and restores of terabytes of data within a week or lesser by physically shipping the data to the IDrive cloud backup servers in a temporary storage device.
- True Archiving - Your IDrive cloud backup account retains all the data you backup even after it is deleted from your account, until it is deleted manually or via 'Archive Cleanup'.
- Server Backup - Secure your servers and running databases with IDrive's easy-to-configure backup functionality for MS SQL Server, MS Exchange Server, MS SharePoint Server, Oracle Server, Linux Servers, Office 365 Mailbox, VMware, and Hyper-V.
- Manage Computers - Access, schedule, and manage the backups of the Macs and PCs added to your IDrive online backup account via the Internet using the centralized web-based console.
Value-added features by IDrive online backup
- Data Security and Privacy - IDrive secures your data during transfer and storage with 256-bit AES encryption and lets you take control of data privacy with an optional private key.
- Speed - IDrive performs fast local and online backups, without consuming a huge portion of your Internet bandwidth, by leveraging the compressed and incremental backup features.
- Mobile Backup - Backup the data in your iOS and Android devices and access the cloud backup of your PCs and Macs via IDrive mobile applications.
Get value-for-money features with IDrive cloud backup plans. Sign up today!
Best defense against ransomware
Historical view of your data to perform point-in-time recovery; restore up to 30 file versions.
Manage backups of all your remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response.
IDrive® Server Backup
Protect your business critical data
Cloud based server backup and bare metal recovery solution for your business.
Here's what the experts say:
You won't find a better overall online backup service than the full-featured IDrive, especially for the price.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.