Healthcare organisations need to look at new strategies to stay relevant in a fiercely competitive environment. Electronic prescriptions, online appointments and maintaining medical support for companies and individuals in remote environments include some of the ways healthcare firms can keep pace with marketplace trends. In order to adapt to these trends, the exchange of highly confidential information with patients via the Internet is crucial.
Additionally, storing private information securely is important. Disaster could strike at any point of time. A fire may break out, there could be a technical breakdown, or unauthorized parties can hack into a system to steal confidential information. Data could be accidentally deleted too. Addressing these issues is critical and healthcare organisations must ensure that there should be no loss of data in the event of an emergency.
All healthcare facilities are required to be compliant with the mandates of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The regulation requires every facility to adhere to an official compliance document, or possibly face a financial penalty that could cost millions of dollars.
What Are Some Of The Requirements Mandated By HIPAA?
- Encryption During Transfer: Your data should always be encrypted, even while its being transmitted over the Internet.
- Encryption At Rest: Your data should be encrypted during storage and when it is archived.
- Data Access: Your data should only be accessed by authorized personnel using a unique access criterion.
- Data Backup: All your data should be backed up to an off-site location, which could be recovered anytime.
IDrive Helps You Stay Compliant In The Following Manner:
- Encryption During Transit Via IDrive cloud backup: Your data is protected with 256-bit AES encryption and transmitted securely. Your data resides at world-class data center that provides SOC-approved data protection service, which prevents unauthorized access to individual health records with IDrive cloud backup’s service.
- Safe Storage Via IDrive Online Backup: With the help of strict administrative procedures, physical safeguards and technical security measures, you can prevent access to the data center, and thereby control unauthorized use or disclosure of customer data.
- Data Archival Via IDrive Cloud Backup: Your data can be archived on the IDrive cloud for as long as you want to retain it.
- Secure Recovery Via IDrive Cloud Backup: A private encryption key, known only to you will be provided; this key will not be stored anywhere on IDrive servers.
What Are The Other Benefits Offered By IDrive?
- Multiple Device Backup Via IDrive Online Backup: You can backup all your devices, including Macs, PCs, iPads, iPhones, and Android devices to a single IDrive online backup account.
- Online File Sync Via IDrive Cloud Backup: Store critical files and folders in your free sync storage space, which matches your cloud backup space, and access them across all linked devices or share them easily with associates.
- IDrive Express™ Via IDrive Online Backup: Transfer bulk data to your online backup space by physically shipping the data directly to the server via encryption-protected devices.
- Manage Computers Via IDrive Cloud Backup: View all the activities of your IDrive cloud backup account and manage the online backups and restores of your devices anytime and from anywhere.
Sign up for IDrive to be compliant with legal mandates.
Manage backups of remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response
IDrive® Server Backup
Backup running databases and servers
Cloud-based server backup for MS SQL, MS Exchange, Hyper-V, Linux, VMware and more
Protect against ransomware
Onsite high-performance bare-metal disaster recovery with VMware and Cloud Backup
Here's what the experts say:
You won't find a better overall online backup service than the full-featured IDrive, especially for the price.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.