Most SMBs and enterprises these days rely on NAS devices to store their business-critical data. While they serve as efficient means of data storage, these devices are still prone to virus attacks and hardware failures. Hence it is imperative to have a data backup plan in place for business continuity. As the NAS units typically have larger storage space when compared with average cloud business accounts, you need an online backup plan that gives you cloud storage for large volumes of data at cost-effective rates. The backup solution also needs to be fast with an automation system in place for timely data protection. All of these criteria and other important factors are covered by IDrive cloud backup!
IDrive lets you backup your NAS devices through two methods. You can back the NAS device through the IDrive desktop application by adding it to the backup set as a mapped drive. If you want to backup at the browser-level, you can use the IDrive apps for Synology, QNAP, Netgear, and Asustor NAS devices.
Both the desktop application and browser-based backups allow you to schedule your backups and enable notification on scheduled job completion via emails. You can also track your backup activities through logs.
Online backup features offered by IDrive
- Disk Image Backup - Protect your hard drives by backing them up in their entirety as single 'image' files that support system restores.
- Real-time Backup - IDrive cloud backup offers your timely data protection between scheduled backups by backing up modifications made to your backup set, within 500 MB in size, in real-time.
- Versioning - IDrive cloud backup retains versions of your backed up files and folders ensuring your data is protected against hardware failures and accidental deletion.
- Snapshots-based Restore - Protect your data against malware attacks with IDrive's Snapshot-based restore feature that provides a historical view of all your cloud backups with recovery points for performing point-in-time restores.
- Security - IDrive secures your data with 256-bit AES encryption both during online backup and cloud storage.
- Privacy - Take complete control of your business data privacy with IDrive's user-defined private encryption key.
- True Archiving - Retrieve any backed up data long after it has been deleted from your computer, until it is manually deleted from your cloud backup account.
IDrive online backup for SMBs and Enterprises
- Manage Computers - Monitor your online backup and restore activities and get an at-a-glance view of the cloud backup health of all your devices from the Dashboard via the Internet.
- IDrive Express™ - Backup and restore several gigabytes of data in a week or less by shipping the data in encryption-protected storage devices.
- Server Backup - Backup running databases and servers without any downtime via IDrive cloud backup.
Get the complete backup solution for your business. Sign up with IDrive cloud backup!
Best defense against ransomware
Historical view of your data to perform point-in-time recovery; restore up to 30 file versions.
Manage backups of all your remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response.
IDrive® Server Backup
Protect your business critical data
Cloud based server backup and bare metal recovery solution for your business.
Here's what the experts say:
You won't find a better overall online backup service than the full-featured IDrive, especially for the price.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.