Traditional file-level backup solutions are great for small-scale restores and recovering data after accidental deletion. However, they are not suitable for business recovery as the downtime stretches beyond the acceptable duration. Also, they do not retain the content and information structure of the drive, leading to ineffective data restores that require additional time for reorganization. IDrive’s Disk Image Backup lets you carry out both system and file-level restores with all the content and information structure intact.
IDrive’s ‘Disk Image Backup’ feature captures hard drives as ‘image’ files that represent the entire content as it is. The disk image file can then be used to perform system restore on the same or different computer. In case you do not want to restore the disk image but merely want to access specific files or folders, you can simply mount the disk image on the OS, of any computer, and view and access the disk image as a separate drive. You can save the required data from the mounted drive.
The disk image files created using the IDrive cloud backup applications are cross-compatible. This means that irrespective of the OS of the backed up computer, the backup can be accessed from any PC, Mac or Linux system.
What Are The Features Offered By IDrive Cloud Backup?
- Multiple Device Backup: IDrive online backup lets you secure unlimited Macs, PCs, iOS, Android devices, servers, and NAS devices with a single subscription!
- Continuous Data Protection: IDrive automatically identifies the changes made to your local and cloud backup set – changes that are within 500 MB – and backs them up regularly, ensuring data protection between the scheduled backups.
- Incremental Backup: IDrive optimizes your cloud backup speed and storage space by following up full disk image backups with backups of only the modified portions of the files and folders.
- IDrive® Snapshots: Snapshots provides a historical view of the data in your IDrive cloud backup account and lets you perform point-in-time recovery — this feature protects your data against ransomware.
- Secure Online Backup: Your data is secured during transfer and storage with 256-bit AES encryption and a user-defined key that is not saved on the IDrive server.
What More Can You Do With IDrive Online Backup?
- Manage Computers: Manage and monitor the online backup of all the computers in your account from anywhere with the web-based console.
- IDrive Express™: Use IDrive’s free data shuttle service to backup or retrieve several gigabytes of your data to or from the cloud account within a short duration!
- Server Backup: Backup running databases and a host of servers such as MS Exchange Server, MS SQL Server, MS SharePoint Server, Oracle Server, Hyper-V, Office 365 Mailbox, VMware and Linux Servers.
Get the complete data protection solution for your business. Sign up with IDrive online backup!
Manage backups of remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response
IDrive® Server Backup
Backup running databases and servers
Cloud-based server backup for MS SQL, MS Exchange, Hyper-V, Linux, VMware and more
Protect against ransomware
Onsite high-performance bare-metal disaster recovery with VMware and Cloud Backup
Here's what the experts say:
You won't find a better overall online backup service than the full-featured IDrive, especially for the price.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.