A good data recovery plan is vital for ensuring business continuity and quick disaster recovery. With this in mind, IDrive® BMR offers versatile backup and recovery solutions to help you secure your data as per your business requirements. If you want to backup entire virtual machines running on ESXi and vCenter, IDrive BMR offers a suitable solution. But what about protecting your VMware data on your virtual machines? IDrive BMR attends to this requirement as well with its all-new VMware Backup feature.
The entire process is simple and automated. First, you need to add the ESXi host or vCenter server to the BMR server. Next, schedule a backup or perform an immediate backup of the virtual machine. And you’re done!
Enable quick availability of your VMware data. Virtualize and restore faster!
The BMR virtualization feature lets you create virtual instances of your physical clients and VMware machines without the need for any additional hardware. You can use the incremental backup feature to backup latest updates to files and computers.
Why backup VMs?
This feature is very useful in the event of a system failure. With a backup of the virtual machine that has crashed, you can access the machine in its earlier working condition effortlessly! The time-efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the BMR VMware backup feature make it immensely valuable to your business continuity plan.
- Agentless VM backups - Carry out easy BMR virtual machine backups without having to install additional software on the virtual machine, thus canceling out resource overhead cost and OS compatibility issues.
- Fast incremental backups - IDrive BMR enables faster backups by leveraging Changed Block Tracking technology to identify and backup only the modified parts of the disk.
- Quick VM recoveries - Easily restore your backed up virtual machines to the same or a different ESXi host or vCenter server and reduce recovery time objective (RTO) during a data disaster.
- Local instant virtualization - Create virtual instances of backed up data in as less as 15 seconds!
- Hassle-free and non-interruptive - BMR's features are built to enable an automated approach to managing backups and restores of VMware machines. Also, they are carried out seamlessly without any impact or interruption to your business operations.
- Unlimited ESXi and vCenter backup - Backup unlimited ESXi hosts and vCenter servers with a single IDrive BMR device and manage their backups through the centralized web console.
- Independent data recovery points - Is your machine infected with malware? Simply VM restore the system using a recovery point right before it got corrupted.
- Instant file restores - Need to restore specific files/folders? IDrive BMR’s multi-platform compatibility allows you to make instant, file-level restores for all major file systems and operating systems.
- High-quality cloud replication - Transfer your VM backups quickly and directly to your IDrive cloud account to store as an alternate repository that is available when needed.
Want to restore virtual machines effortlessly? Sign up today with IDrive BMR.
Best defense against ransomware
Historical view of your data to perform point-in-time recovery.
Manage backups of all your remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response.
Protect your business critical data
Onsite bare-metal disaster recovery with Snapshots and Virtualization.
Here's what the experts say:
There's a heck of a lot to like about IDrive. It can do things that none of the alternatives can.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.