Data is prone to many risks. A ransomware attack can wipe out your data, or a technical breakdown could delete all your valuable data. As a result, you may not be able to access your machines and thereby lose critical information. While you have no control over unexpected data disasters, you can control how you choose to protect your data.
IDrive BMR includes a KVM-based virtualization platform, which lets you virtualize both your backed up physical machines and VMware servers on the BMR server, within seconds. You could use a recovery point created before an attack to create a virtual instance. Furthermore, all the recovery points created during data backup are not interdependent on each other in the backup chain. Hence, if any previous recovery point is deleted or corrupted you still can create virtual machines with the latest available recovery points.
The BMR server is configured with Intel Xeon series server grade processor and the latest DDR4 with ECC memory modules. It is also equipped with a server-grade power supply for high reliability. These factors make the BMR server an ideal device for virtualization.
What are the other features offered by IDrive BMR?
- Local Image-based Backup - Perform backups of whole hard drives or multiple partitions as single ‘image’ files, with file- and system-level recovery points.
- Fast Incremental Backup - IDrive BMR optimizes your internet bandwidth usage by following up the initial full backup with backups of only the modified portions of the files and folders.
- WinRE Recovery - Perform bare-metal restore using the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) that supports a variety of dissimilar hardware and includes built-in Windows repair tools to resolve OS boot issues.
- Snapshot-based Restore - Restore multiple computers and perform point-in-time file and system recoveries using a single image stored on your BMR server.
- Instant Virtualization - In the event of a client machine failure, resume work in as less as 15 seconds by creating a virtual instance of the machine.
- Support for VMware Servers - Enable instant data recovery support for your virtual machines running on ESXi host and vCenter server.
- Robust Security - IDrive BMR uses AES-256 CCM encryption when your data is stored on the local BMR device as well as on the IDrive cloud. Your data is also encrypted during a cloud backup.
- Easy-to-configure - Securing hundreds of machines is made easy as you simply need to download the agent on the machine and the machine will be auto-detected by the server.
- Centralized Web Console - View and manage backup activities of all your clients and VMs from anywhere via the BMR server.
- Real-time Statistics - Access detailed information on CPU, memory, disk and network utilization metrics of the virtualized instance.
- Easy Restores - Restore backups of entire hard drives with a pre-configured bootable USB flash drive or CD.
- Optimized BMR storage - Optimize your BMR server storage space with manual cleanup when your backups utilize more than 80% of the storage space.
Sign up for IDrive BMR today and experience these benefits.
Manage backups of remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response.
IDrive® Server Backup
Backup running databases and servers
Cloud-based server backup for MS SQL, MS Exchange, Hyper-V, Linux, VMware and more.
Protect against ransomware
Onsite bare-metal disaster recovery with VMware Backup, Virtualization and Cloud Replication.
Here's what the experts say:
You won't find a better overall online backup service than the full-featured IDrive, especially for the price.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.