When choosing a backup service, you need to make sure that the solution is right for your business and data type. IDrive BMR caters to a wide array of business data protection needs by combining onsite bare-metal restoration functionalities with offsite Cloud Replication technology. It lets you perform full, incremental and manual backups of your critical data to your BMR server and then transfer the data backed up to the cloud, creating a secondary repository for your data.
You can monitor all your backup jobs and their storage by going through the detailed status and logs under the 'Statistics' and 'Logs' tab of your IDrive BMR server web interface. The information that you can gather from these two tabs include:
- Health status of the BMR device - View the health status of the BMR hard drives and raid devices under the 'Hard Drive Health Status' and 'Raid Health Status' section of the 'System Health' tab.
- Detailed storage insights - Get complete details of the storage space consumed by your VM and physical machine backups – the size of the backed up data, Dedup Factor, the actual space consumed by the backup, space saved, VM details, Cloud Replication status and file restore sessions.
You can also copy, print or export the backup statistics of your physical machines and virtual machines in CSV, Excel or PDF format by clicking on the 'Export' button.
What are the features offered by IDrive BMR?
- Image-based backup - Backup entire hard drives in the form of 'image' files with system and file-level bare-metal recovery capabilities.
- Snapshots - Protect your data against malware attacks with Snapshots' point-in-time recovery functionality.
- Cloud Replication - Maintain a secondary repository of the backups stored in your BMR server on cloud for protection against hardware disasters and easy access to backups from external networks.
- Incremental backups - Update your backups without consuming a lot of Internet bandwidth by leveraging IDrive BMR's Changed Block Tracking technology.
- Instant virtualization - Recovery from computer or VM breakdowns by creating virtual instances from their disk image backup in as less as 15 seconds!
- VMware backup - Maintain VM and file-level restore capabilities for your virtual machines running on ESXi and vCenter.
- Centralized web console - View and manage the backup and restore activities of your physical clients and VMs through the BMR server.
- Cloud Seeding via BMR Express - Transfer large volumes of data stored on your BMR server to cloud through physical shipment of the data, to the data center, in an external storage device.
- Cloud Manage - Easily access and manage both the local backups and the Cloud Replication of your backups on your BMR device from any external network.
- Easy restores - Carry out bare-metal restores using bootable USBs or CDs configured with the disk 'image' files.
Enjoy easy and effective data protection for your business. Sign up with IDrive BMR!
Best defense against ransomware
Historical view of your data to perform point-in-time recovery.
Manage backups of all your remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response.
Protect your business critical data
Onsite bare-metal disaster recovery with Snapshots and Virtualization.
Here's what the experts say:
There's a heck of a lot to like about IDrive. It can do things that none of the alternatives can.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.