Data is critical and holds much value across industries. Nowadays, organisations are relying on data analytics extensively, in order to make more informed decisions. Given the large volumes of data being used and managed by businesses on a day-to-day basis, a data recovery plan must be fast, reliable and affordable. With IDrive® BMR, you can have access to all these three benefits.
IDrive BMR offers secure onsite disk image backup to protect your physical machines and unlimited ESXi hosts and vCenter servers. With IDrive BMR, you can backup multiple partitions or whole hard drives along with OS, applications and system files, with recovery points for your entire system. With a disk image file, you can restore an entire system from the backed up data on the BMR server – without any additional hardware or software.
BMR supports the backup of physical machines, virtual machines and even running servers. Moreover, you manage all backup and restore activities easily from a single administrative console.
What Are The Main Features Offered By IDrive BMR?
- Bare-metal Restore: Perform point-in-time recovery with snapshot-based image restore that provides a historical view of all your data. You can restore multiple machines in one go as image data can be accessed directly from the server.
- Incremental Backup: IDrive BMR uses VMware’s Changed Block Tracking (CBT) which identifies only changed disk sectors since the last backup and initiates backup of the same. This helps you to save time and costs through more efficient backup.
- Easy Restores: Restore data from the BMR server to your computer using only a pre-configured boot CD or USB drive. You can also restore individual files through the web console.
- VMware Backup And Restore: Backup virtual machines running on ESXi and vCenter to your BMR server and create VM and file-level restore capabilities.
- Security: IDrive BMR protects your data with encryption at rest and during transfer to the cloud account.
- Virtualization: Create VMs from backed up data in less than 15 seconds without the need of a separate hypervisor; thereby reducing downtime.
- Cloud Replication: Transfer your backed up data on the BMR server to the cloud and thereby maintain a secondary repository for effective disaster recovery.
- Cloud Seeding via BMR Express: Transfer large volumes of your BMR backups to/from the cloud via physical shipment of a temporary storage device.
- Platform-independent: IDrive BMR file-level restore, being platform independent, supports all major file systems on the VM.
Contact BMR sales to get started with bare-metal restore.
Manage backups of remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response.
IDrive® Server Backup
Backup running databases and servers
Cloud-based server backup for MS SQL, MS Exchange, Hyper-V, Linux, VMware and more.
Protect against ransomware
Onsite bare-metal disaster recovery with VMware Backup, Virtualization and Cloud Replication.
Here's what the experts say:
You won't find a better overall online backup service than the full-featured IDrive, especially for the price.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.