Natural disasters like earthquakes, floods, theft, or unexpected system crashes, hardware malfunction could occur anytime. Therefore, it’s critical to be prepared to handle such situations so that they do not impact your day-to-day work. Cloud backup solutions are especially useful in this regard to safeguard all your valuable academic data at all times.
Every educational institution has a unique policy and different processes. Keeping this in mind, IDrive designed a customized plan for all institutes that is simple, fast and easy-to-use.
IDrive online backup – a cloud backup solution for all institutions
Typically, schools and colleges, and other centers of learnings have a huge volume of data that needs to be protected. Right from administrative information to core academic data like syllabi and teaching modules – all information is important. Moreover, data can be subjected to a security breach if accessed by unauthorized parties and lead to unnecessary complications.
IDrive online backup provides a reliable, automated cloud backup solution designed for educational institutions to securely store data in the cloud account. Additionally, you can transfer data from any number of PCs, Macs, iOS, and Android devices to a single cloud account.
Security measures by IDrive online backup include:
- Encrypted protection - All of your data is encrypted with 256-bit AES encryption during transfer and storage with an optional private key. This key is unique and not stored anywhere in IDrive’s servers. Therefore, only you can access your data, keeping it away from the reach of unauthorized parties.
- Periodic network audits - IDrive conducts periodic third party reviews of the network infrastructure to check for any known application and service issues. Therefore, your data stays safe against threats present in your network.
- Physical security measures - The IDrive application is hosted at our data centers with world-class facilities like custom designed with raised floors, HVAC temperature control systems with separate cooling zones and seismically braced racks. Furthermore, state-of-the-art smoke detection and fire suppression systems, motion sensors, 24/7 secured access, video camera surveillance and security breach alarms also keep your data safe.
What are the other benefits offered by IDrive online backup?
- Multiple Device Backup - Backup all your devices including Macs, PCs, iOS, Android devices, NAS devices and even mapped drives to a single IDrive cloud backup account.
- Server Backup - Schedule cloud backup of running databases and servers such as MS SQL Server, MS SharePoint Server, MS Exchange Server, Oracle Server, Office 365 Mailbox, Linux Servers, Hyper-V, and VMware.
- IDrive Express™ - Backup and retrieve your data in less than a week via physical storage shipment, with zero bandwidth usage.
- Continuous Data Protection - IDrive online backup automatically recognizes the modified parts of files and backs them up.
Sign up for an IDrive online backup account to get started!
Best defense against ransomware
Historical view of your data to perform point-in-time recovery; restore up to 30 file versions.
Manage backups of all your remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response.
IDrive® Server Backup
Protect your business critical data
Cloud based server backup and bare metal recovery solution for your business.
Here's what the experts say:
You won't find a better overall online backup service than the full-featured IDrive, especially for the price.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.