All SMBs and enterprises need a total data recovery support to fall back on in times of natural disasters and server failures. Ideally, the Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) should be capable of maintaining a secondary repository of the business data with regular automated cloud backups that keep the repository updated for timely support. The service must also be capable of supporting data backup and recovery of hundreds of machines. IDrive® BMR can do this and more for your organization.
IDrive BMR is a high-powered, server-grade device that lets you backup the data of all your physical and virtual machines as single 'image' files. These disk images retain the content and information structure and are capable of system restores without the need for any additional hardware or software - hence the name 'Bare Metal Restore'. The BMR server is made of robust hardware components that deliver high-performance and is capable of backing up data from hundreds of devices.
The following are some IDrive BMR appliance features that add value to your business disaster recovery plan:
- Instant Virtualization - IDrive BMR lets you recover data of clients and virtual machines instantly by creating virtual instances on the BMR server, without installing any hypervisor.
- Optimized Storage - The BMR appliance uses incremental backup and a combination of block-level data de-duplication and compression technique to optimize your storage space.
- Easy Backup Setup - Securing hundreds of machines is made easy as you simply need to download the agent on the machine and the machine will be auto-detected by the server.
- Cloud Replication - You will also get cloud backup benefits with IDrive BMR. Enable cloud replication to maintain a secondary repository of your BMR backups on the cloud for a safe disaster recovery plan.
- Accessible from any external network - View and manage your local BMR appliance from anywhere, without the need of being on the same network as the BMR server, via Cloud Manage.
That's not all. IDrive BMR offers a host of backup features that give your business comprehensive data protection.
On-site backup features offered by IDrive BMR:
- Local backup - Perform image-based backup of whole hard drives with recovery points for the entire system.
- Easy restores - Restore data from your BMR server to computers with nothing more than bootable CDs or USB drives.
- Enterprise-level file backup - Perform file restores from backed up physical clients and virtual machines.
- VMware backup - Backup your VMs running on the ESXi host and vCenter server and enable quick recovery of virtual machine data.
- NAS backup - Create and backup network-attached storage within the BMR storage and collaborate over SMB, NFS, AFP, SFTP, and iSCSI protocols.
Does IDrive BMR sound like the perfect recovery solution for your business? Contact sales to get started.
Manage backups of remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response
IDrive® Server Backup
Backup running databases and servers
Cloud-based server backup for MS SQL, MS Exchange, Hyper-V, Linux, VMware and more
Protect against ransomware
Onsite high-performance bare-metal disaster recovery with VMware and Cloud Backup
Here's what the experts say:
You won't find a better overall online backup service than the full-featured IDrive, especially for the price.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.