Disasters could strike at any point of time. Whether they are natural disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes, fire, or technical breakdown, theft or hardware failure, you must take adequate security measures to preserve your academic data. As an educational institution, you probably have a huge repository of data. So, it’s ideal to invest in a cloud backup solution to ensure the security of your data.
Each academic institution is different from the rest and has its own set of needs. Therefore, backing up data also must be different and aligned to their specific needs. Schools, universities, and other training centers typically work with extensive data and a cloud backup solution must address the specific needs of the institution.
Keeping this in mind, IDrive cloud backup offers a customized plan for all educational institutes that is simple and easy to deploy.
IDrive cloud backup for educational institutes
Almost every educational institution has a large amount of data to protect, which makes data management quite complex. The information that needs to be stored includes administrative information like student details to course modules / syllabi and more sensitive information. IDrive online backup provides you with a more reliable, automated cloud backup solution specially for academic institutions to store data in an organized way. More importantly, you can transfer data from any number of PCs, Macs, iOS, and Android devices to a single cloud account.
What makes IDrive cloud backup secure?
- Encrypted Protection: Your data is encrypted using 256-bit AES encryption during transfer and storage with an optional private key. Moreover, this unique key is not stored anywhere in IDrive’s servers; therefore, only you have access to your data.
- Network Audits: Through periodic third-party reviews of the network infrastructure, technical issues / service vulnerabilities, if any are identified and then resolved. This keeps your data secure against potential threats in the network.
- RAID Storage: The data is stored in RAID arrays to ensure redundancy. IDrive cloud backup also supports encrypted local storage along with a private key option.
- Physical Security Measures: IDrive data centers are custom designed with raised floors, HVAC temperature control systems with separate cooling zones and seismically braced racks. Additionally, state-of-the-art smoke detection and fire suppression systems, motion sensors, 24/7 secured access, video camera surveillance and security breach alarms are also included.
What are the other benefits associated with IDrive online backup?
- Snapshots and Versioning: With a historical view of your backed up data, you can enable point-in-time data recovery using IDrive online backup.
- Disk Image Backup: Ensure that your data is protected from hard drive failures by backing up the entire drive that includes an intact content and information structure with IDrive online backup.
- Multiple Device Backup: Backup unlimited PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads and Android devices into a single account with IDrive online backup. Mapped drives can also be backed up.
- Continuous Data Protection: IDrive online backup automatically recognizes the modified parts of files and backs them up.
Best defense against ransomware
Historical view of your data to perform point-in-time recovery; restore up to 30 file versions.
Manage backups of all your remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response.
IDrive® Server Backup
Protect your business critical data
Cloud based server backup and bare metal recovery solution for your business.
Here's what the experts say:
You won't find a better overall online backup service than the full-featured IDrive, especially for the price.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.