Add IDrive as a safe sender
As most Internet Service Providers (ISPs) provide some type of spam filters, chances are that emails from IDrive may get mistakenly sent to your
Spam folder. In order to avoid this, we request you to add IDrive to your trusted list of senders, contacts or address book. This is also known as Whitelisting. If you do not see an email from IDrive in your inbox due to the filtering by ISPs, check for the email in your spam
folder, open the email and mark it as "not spam".
To add IDrive as a safe sender, click the link to any of the below ISPs or email clients.
Internet Service Providers
GmailTo make sure emails get delivered to your inbox, you must add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list.
- Click the drop down arrow next to "Reply" in the upper right side of your inbox screen.
- Click the "Add idrive.com to Contacts List" from the list that appears.
- You will now see IDrive appear under "Contacts" on the left side of the page.
- Click "Contacts" and enter IDrive in the "Search Contacts" field.
- Now you can select to move IDrive to a contact list of choice and edit any details.
Hotmail Live, Windows Live and MSNIn the new Hotmail, you must "Mark sender as safe" to enable hyperlinks in text emails and images in HTML emails.
Entering the email contact in the address book or contacts no longer whitelists the sender.
To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do one of the two things:
- Check the "Junk folder" if you do not see the IDrive email in your inbox.
- Click the "Mark as safe" link.
- Add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe List.
- Click "Show content" to view the body of the email if it contains images and HTML.
- Click "Mark as safe".
- IDrive will now be added to your list of "Safe senders".
- Click "Options" in the upper right corner of your Hotmail screen.
- In the Body of the page under "Preventing junk email", click the link "Safe and blocked senders".
- Click the link "Safe senders".
- Enter the email addresses "email@example.com" and "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Click "Add to list".
Yahoo! MailTo make sure emails get delivered to your Yahoo mail inbox, there are two things you can do:
- Use the "Not Spam" button in your Bulk folder.
- Create a filter to automatically send emails from certain domains to your Inbox. This is the only way to really ensure delivery.
Report as "Not Spam"
- Check your Yahoo! Bulk folder.
- If you see an email from IDrive, highlight it and click "Not Spam".
- This does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered in the future, but it does help.
Create a Filter
- Click "Options" on the top right navigation bar.
- Select "More Options" from the drop-down list.
- Choose "Filters" located on the left side of the page.
- Click "Add Filter" on the "Filters" page.
- Choose the field you want to match in the incoming message. For example, "Sender" or "Recipient".
- Choose the criterion by which you want a match to be made, such as "contains".
- Enter the text string to compare. For example: from IDrive
- Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox.
AOLTo make sure emails get delivered to your AOL inbox, you must add the email address or corporate domain of the sender to your Address Book or Custom Sender List.
- Click the "Spam Controls" link on the lower right side of your inbox screen.
- When the "Mail & Spam Controls" box appears, click the "Custom Sender List" link.
- Select both the options:
- allow email from email@example.com
- allow email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add the domain or email address you would like to receive the mail from, then click "Add".
- Click "Save".
AOL Web MailIf you are using AOL web mail, replying to an email from IDrive will also work. Email from that domain will now be delivered straight to your Inbox.
- Open the email message from the sender you want to add to your address book.
- Click on the "Save Address" link next to "From Address".
- Check the "Add to Contacts" box and click "Save".
Outlook 2003 (or higher)Because of the various email platforms that can work with Outlook, it is tricky to tell how to receive all emails in your Outlook inbox. However, you can make sure you see all the emails you receive as they were intended to be seen - with images. If a company is not in your address book or "Safe Sender" list, your HTML images will not display properly.
To have HTML display emails correctly, users can:
- Change their automatic download settings
- Add sender to your address book
- Add your email or domain to their approved sender list
To change settings:
- Right click on a non-displaying image in a HTML email.
- Choose "Change automatic download settings".
- When the popup comes up, uncheck the first box in the list that says "don’t download pictures or other HTML content automatically".
- Click "OK".
To add sender to address book:
- Open the email.
- Right click on the "from address".
- Choose "Add to contacts".
To add domain to safe sender list:
- Right click on a non-displaying image in an HTML email.
- Choose "Add the domain to the safe sender list".
- Click the "Address Book" button.
- Make sure the "Personal Address Book" is highlighted.
- Click the "New Card" button. This will launch the "New Card" window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address and Other.
- Under the "Contact" tab, copy and paste the "From" addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org into the email dialogue box.
- Click "OK".
- Scroll up to the message header.
- Get to the field where their name is listed, click the Berry button and then click "Show Address".
- Select and copy email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to the clipboard.
- Go into "Address Book" and find the user.
- Select "Save".
- Click to edit it, and then click the Berry button to add another email address.
- Paste it and click "Save".
- Start up Norton AntiSpam.
- Click the "Status & Settings" tab.
- Click "AntiSpam".
- Click "Configure".
- Click "Allowed List" tab.
- Click "Add".
- In the 'Email Address' box, enter email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click "OK".
- Select "Friends" from the McAfee SpamKiller sidebar.
- Click "Add a friend".
- Make sure "All users at a domain" is selected under "Friend type":
- Type the domain name you want to whitelist under "Address":
- To whitelist all our emails type @idrive.com.
- Optionally, enter a @idrive.com to help you recognize the domain name.
- In the "Email Address" box, enter email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click "OK".
Other spam filters not listed above
If IDrive email is being filtered, try adding email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your "Address Book" or "Contact list".
If messages continue to be sent to your junk folder, contact your ISP or spam filter application support and ask how to whitelist the IDrive email domain @idrive.com.