Data Backup using IDrive Express™
Using the IDrive application, securely transfer files via IDrive Express™
- Fill in the hard drive shipment form available at
- Once you receive the USB hard drive, connect it to your computer using the USB cable and launch the IDrive application.
- From the Backup tab, select the 'Backup files to my local / Wi-Fi device' radio button.
- Click the 'Change…' button and select files / folders for backup.
- Click and select the hard drive as 'Backup location on your local drive'.
- Click Start Local Backup Immediately.
- Go to the 'Restore' tab, choose Local Device in 'Select files / folders for restore', and check if all your files have been backed up to the hard drive
- Disconnect the hard drive using the 'safely remove hardware' button.
- Repackage the drive and the USB cord into the box they arrived in.
- Place the return label on the box, bring the package to the post office and ship it back to IDrive.
We will upload the data to your IDrive account.
Once your files are transferred to your IDrive account, you can continue with incremental backups using the conventional online backup process.
If files are already present in your online backup account and those same files are also sent via IDrive Express, the backup files in your account will be maintained to avoid any conflicts. We recommend you to delete or purge existing data from your online backup account to upload duplicate files from Express device.