This tutorial contains step-by-step instructions on how to get started with an IDrive BMR device.
IDrive® BMR device installation
- Plug your IDrive BMR device into a power outlet.
Connect the device to your network.
If the device has 2 ethernet ports you can connect one or both ports to your network.
- It is recommended to enable DHCP service on your network. However, if your network has statically assigned IP addresses, you can assign a static IP address to your IDrive BMR device. Refer network settings
- If you have enforced firewall restrictions, ensure the necessary ports used by the IDrive BMR device are open. Refer firewall details
- Power ON the IDrive BMR device. Your device is now online and available for access over LAN or any external network.
Note: If your IDrive BMR device is rack mountable, follow the rack mounting guide to mount it.
- To access the IDrive BMR device:
Via external network: Sign in to the IDrive BMR web console and click Connect corresponding to the required device under the BMR Devices tab.
Via LAN: Visit bmrdevice.idrive.com on any computer on the same LAN as the IDrive BMR device. The page will display the IDrive BMR device(s) available on the network. Click Connect against the required device.
- Connect to the IDrive BMR device interface. Note: The password will be set to support123.
- You will be prompted to configure your encryption settings. Choose the method of encryption as per your requirements: Default encryption key or Private encryption key and click Continue.
- Once the encryption key is set for your IDrive BMR device, it cannot be changed.
- IDrive BMR does not store your private encryption key on its servers and hence cannot assist you in its retrieval. It is recommended that you archive it safely for continued access to your IDrive BMR device and cloud data.
- You will be connected to the device’s web interface. Add computers and VMware machines for backup and create NAS and iSCSI shares within the storage and configure them for local snapshots. Note: Once signed in, click the profile icon on the top right, select Change Password, and update the password.
Contact support for guidance on pre-installation/installation or any other queries.