Local Backup Instructions
Perform full, incremental and manual backup including multiple hard drives and partitions using IDrive BMR. You can backup data even when your computer is up and running with minimal computer resources.
Steps to perform backup:
- Download the agent and run it on the computer you want to backup.
- IDrive BMR server detects the agent and starts full backup automatically for the first time.
- For subsequent backups perform the following steps:
You can see backup status in the 'Activities' section.
- Login to IDrive BMR. You can see the list of computers on the home page.
- Click displayed at the left of the computer name and select 'Incremental image backup' or 'Full image backup' from the drop-down menu to start the backup.
- If you perform incremental backup, IDrive BMR server will backup the updated files and folders.
- If you perform full backup, IDrive BMR server will backup the entire system including the operating system.
The data is backed up successfully.
IDrive BMR currently supports Bare-Metal backup only from client computers running on Windows OS.
Following are the system requirements for IDrive BMR:
- Windows Vista (with all windows updates installed)
- Windows Server 2008 (with all windows updates installed)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7
- Small Business Server 2011 (with all windows updates installed)
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- IDrive BMR supports backup from only NTFS formatted volumes
Disk Partition Style: