Cloud Data Migration
If your question is not addressed below, contact us through our support form and we will get back to you shortly.
|What is cloud data migration?
|How do I migrate data from another cloud service provider to IDrive® e2?
|I have migrated my data to IDrive® e2. How does the IDrive® e2 ensure security of my data?
In cloud data migration, you can move the data directly to the IDrive® e2 storage from the your cloud storage provider without any additional tools. IDrive® e2 supports source data migration from any S3 compatible storage including AWS, Wasabi, and Backblaze B2.
To migrate data to IDrive® e2,
- Sign in to IDrive® e2 account via any browser.
- Navigate to the 'Data Migration' tab, and click 'Migrate data'.
- Select a service provider - AWS, Wasabi, Backblaze B2, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure, and S3 Compatible Storage - from the dropdown.
- Configure the source of migration by selecting the options as applicable:
- Access Key ID - Enter the access key for your service provider.
- Secret Key - Enter the secret key for your service provider.
- Source regions - Select a region from the dropdown or click 'Add Source Endpoint' in the dropdown and add the source endpoint URL.
- Source endpoint - Enter the endpoint URL for your service provider.
- Altering or modifying the data at the source location while the migration is ongoing can cause data corruption and IDrive® e2 will not be responsible for any such incident.
- Only the latest version of objects will be migrated.
IDrive® e2 transmits all files using an encrypted TLS connection. Developers are encouraged to add their own encryption to their files before migrating them to IDrive® e2. They can also set Server-Side Encryption on IDrive® e2 buckets.
Data is stored in enterprise-class data centers equipped with state-of-the-art facilities — custom-designed elevated floors, HVAC temperature control systems with designated cooling zones, seismically-braced racks — and physical security features. The data centers are periodically checked for vulnerabilities in the network infrastructure with third-party audits.
In addition to that IDrive® e2 uses a combination of object lock, versioning, and data retention features to secure against data loss from ransomware and accidental deletion or modification.