- S3 Developer Guide
- Endpoints and Access Keys
- Third-Party Tools
- Veeam 12 Direct-to-Cloud
- Archiware P5
- Arq Backup
- Filezilla Pro
- MIlestone XProtect
- Mountain Duck
- /n software S3 Drive
- S3 Browser
- Synology Hyper Backup
- TrueNAS® CORE
- UpdraftPlus WordPress
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365
- Vembu BDR Suite
- Veritas Backup Exec
- Windows Network Drive
- CNAME Record Guide
- S3 API Documentation
Veeam 12 Direct-to-Cloud Backups to IDrive® e2
Reduce the complexity of managing backups and minimize spend on new storage hardware: Backup your NAS systems directly to cloud object storage. Employ enterprise efficiency with all the benefits of IDrive® e2 hot cloud storage - price, scalability, security, and durability.
Add an object storage repository
To add a backup repository on Veeam,
- Launch Veeam Backup and Replication 12.
- Navigate to Backup Infrastructure > Backup Repositories and click Add Repository.
- Select Object Storage.
- Select S3 Compatible.
- Enter a Name and Description for the repository. Click Next.
- Input the IDrive® e2 Endpoint URL under Service Point, and Region and click Add. Learn more about regions and endpoints.
- Input the IDrive® e2 Access Key and Secret Key and click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Browse and select the Bucket. Click OK.
- Click Browse > New Folder. Enter a folder name, press enter key to confirm name, and click OK.
- Select Make recent backups immutable for x days checkbox to make recent backups immutable.
Note: We recommend enabling this feature to protect your data from ransomware.
- Continue to Summary without making any modifications in the Mount Server, Review, and Apply windows. Click Finish.
The new repository will be shown in Backup Infrastructure > Backup Repositories.
Configure IDrive® e2 as a direct-to-cloud backup job
To configure IDrive® e2 as a direct-to-cloud Veeam backup repository,
- Navigate to Home > Jobs > Backup Job > Virtual Machine.
- Enter a Name and Description for the backup job. Click Next.
- Click Add on the RHS menu.
- Select the virtual machine(s) to be backed up and click Add. Repeat to add more VMs.
- Click Next.
- Select IDrive® e2 Backup Repository from the Backup repository dropdown menu.
- Click Advanced and navigate to the Storage tab. Set Storage optimization as 4MB, and Click OK.
- Click Next in the New Backup Job window.
- Continue to the Schedule page without any modifications to the Guest Processing window.
- Check the Run the job automatically checkbox and set a schedule. Click Apply.
- You can, optionally, check the Run the job when I click Finish checkbox.
- In the Summary tab, click Finish. Your direct-to-cloud backup job to IDrive® e2 is configured with immutability!
Note: Data restoration is handled by your specific backup solution provider and is affected by multiple variables that are unique to your environment. For application-related enquiries/support, it is strongly recommended you seek guidance from the technical team of your backup solution provider.