- S3 Developer Guide
- Endpoints and Access Keys
- Third-Party Tools
- Veeam 12 Direct-to-Cloud
- Archiware P5
- Arq Backup
- Filezilla Pro
- MIlestone XProtect
- Mountain Duck
- /n software S3 Drive
- S3 Browser
- Synology Hyper Backup
- TrueNAS® CORE
- UpdraftPlus WordPress
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365
- Vembu BDR Suite
- Veritas Backup Exec
- Windows Network Drive
- CNAME Record Guide
- S3 API Documentation
How IDrive® e2 region end-points and access keys are different when compared to other S3 compatible storage providers
In general Amazon S3 or other S3 compatible storage providers maintain fixed region end-points and global access keys that works for all the regions, e.g., us-east-1.amazonaws.com, us-east-2.amazonaws.com, us-west-1.amazonaws.com, us-west-2.amazonaws.com. However in IDrive® e2, every user has their own unique region end-points and access keys specific to those region end-points.
Benefits of unique user region end-points and access keys
IDrive® e2 is the fastest S3 compatible storage in the market and we have designed this end-points system by considering performance and security reasons. The following section provides more details on the benefits of this design:
- Avoid unnecessary internal network hops to locate the buckets which helps to reduce the latency and improve the performance.
- Avoid HTTP level request parsing for each S3 call that introduces a delay in request processing.
- Eliminate systemwide unique bucket name restrictions like other service providers. Hence, IDrive® e2 allows bucket creation with names that may exist for other users.
- Prevent and avoid misuse of public buckets by users. If they obtain the region endpoint URLs of one public bucket through malicious/phishing techniques, then the unique endpoint URLs minimizes the risk as other public bucket users remain unaffected.
- Get more controls and ACLs with region specific access keys.
Learn more about enabling the regions and creating access keys.
- Enable a region closer to end users
- Create access keys specific to the region
Note: Data restoration is handled by your specific backup solution provider and is affected by multiple variables that are unique to your environment. For application-related enquiries/support, it is strongly recommended you seek guidance from the technical team of your backup solution provider.