IDrive Vault provides an easy, secure and reliable way to backup the MS Exchange Server databases to your IDrive Vault account.
To backup your MS Exchange Server,
- Log into IDrive Vault desktop application.
- Click on the Server Backup section.
- On the expanded section, mouse over over MS Exchange Server and click 'Schedule Now'.
The Exchange Backup Status window appears.
- Click 'Add Backup Set'. The Exchange Server window appears.
- Select 'Full server backup'. Click 'Proceed'.
The Scheduler window appears.
- Select the databases to be backed up and select the time and days for a scheduled backup.
For an immediate backup, check the box against 'Start the backup immediately'.
- Click 'Update'.
The next time you log in, the created backup set will appear in the Exchange Backup Status window. If the backup set name is 'ES_BackupSet_yyyymmddhhmmss, right-click on the backup set name. The context menu will open. Click ‘Backup’ to start an interactive backup. Click ‘Restore’ to restore the particular backup set. Click ‘Delete’ to delete the backup set.
Selected databases from the Exchange Server would get copied in the local IDrive Vault cache (C:\IDriveVaultCache). From there, the databases would be backed up to the Vault device using rsync.
- On successful backup of the MS Exchange Server databases to your IDrive Vault account, the files are stored in the following location: /Username/<machine name>/Advanced Backup/<Backupsetname>. It is not advisable to update or delete files manually as it may interrupt the Exchange Server restore operation.
- At any given point of time, you can maintain only one backup job named 'IDExchangeServerBkset'.