Steps to create an Instance:
- First log into AWS Management Console and choose EC2.
- The overview page shows AWS EC2 resources. There are no running instances. Click on “Launch Instance” to set up an instance.
- Go to 'My AMIs', select 'Shared with me' check box and search for IDrive AMI.
Note Contact support team if you are unable to find the IDrive AMI.
- Click 'Select' displayed next to the IDrive Vault AMI.
- Choose the instance type. Instance type is a selection of virtual CPU, memory, storage and network performance. Click 'Next: Configure Instance Details'.
Note We recommend you to choose an instance with at least 4cpus and 16GB memory.
- Follow on-screen instructions to input instance details. Click 'Next: Add Storage'.
- Add storage to the instance. Default storage size is 10GB. You can add more if needed. Confirm the storage setting.
- Amazon interface allows you to add tags to the instance. It's a handy feature when you have hundreds of similar virtual machines.
- Security group is a set of firewall rules that control traffic to your instance. Only allow a minimum amount of ports for connection. Do not open all ports to the public. Click 'Review and Launch'.
- Review the instance settings. If settings are correct, click 'Launch' to start the instance.
- There are no key pair existing. Create a new key pair and type in a key pair name, and then download the key pair file with extension '.pem'. Save the file in a safe place. You will need this file to access your virtual server.
- Click 'Launch Instances'.
- Return to the EC2 console page. Wait until your instance state changes from 'pending' to 'running'.
We have now successfully created an instance.